Destroy Cinema! A Cinematic Journey of Detachment, Connection, Identity and Oneness
I have the utmost respect for cinema. I consider it the ultimate art form. Because all art forms converge into cinema.
The filmmaking process for me is the product of a variable conflict between several dualities. Those instances of opposition derive from very simple or sometimes complex fluctuations between creative and destructive impulses.
That’s how I know I am in the flow.
The canvas is always the computer: the box of equivalences, where a picture becomes sound and a sound becomes a picture and a sound again. Where that particular sound seems to be physically impossible to reproduce. Where the noise is the source of all signals. It’s a familiar place where I discover patterns in the chaos. Randomness becomes the main source of stability. Repetition here always translates into a change.
Strong limitations are often the best setup for a creative process. No undo, no reverting. The latest version is always the one that survives in the process. The rest goes automatically in the trash. Click, empty. No going back. No hesitation. No undo. No modification. No reverting to the previous save. If I can live with it long enough, it will work. Otherwise, it won’t make it. It will be destroyed. And then I will build another version from scratch. With obsession. With passion. With even more dedication. Passion will never make things perfect but will always make me fall in love with the essence of it all.
And that’s how I find in destruction the process for inspiration.
01. Agoria – Tender Storm
02. “Poetry Written With Blood” from the film Dead Man (1995)
03. Rachmaninov – Liturgy Of St. John Chrysostom, Op. 3, First Antiphon
04. NIN – A warm Place
05. Ben Frost – Peter Venkman Part II
06. Keith Fullerton Whitman – Modena
07. “Respect The Insane” from the film Rumble Fish (1983)
08. Squarepusher – Don’t Go Plastic
09. Anvil FX – 1000
10. Andy Scott – Numb
11. Desolate – Farewell #1
12. “Let’s Pretend” from the film Fight Club (1999)
13. Ben Frost – Leo Needs A New Pair Of Shoes
14. “The World I See” from the film Fight Club (1999)
15. Desolate – Farewell #2/Endurance
16. Rocker’s Hi Fi – Going Under
17. Burial – Distant Lights
18. Pjusk – Kontur
19. Aphex Twin – Gwely Mernans
20. T++ – Worn Down
21. “Corporate Society” from the film Rollerball (1975)
22. Ben Frost – Through The Roof Of Your Mouth
23. PJ Harvey – Working For The Man
24. “Very Pissed Off” from the film Fight Club (1999)
25. End Credit Music from the film Oldboy (2003)
26. Bill Hicks – Just A Ride